Follow

Monday, March 25, 2013

Reading Response # 18

The most difficult issue for me during the semester was by far the blog posts/comments. I had never been in a course structured quite like this (even the Human Rights class was laid out a little different!). It takes a while to get used to the transition between simply summarizing a block of text, and diving in deeper. Sometimes it was difficult to voice my opinion on a controversial topic such as religion or politics. At the beginning of the semester I was worried about being judged. However, as the course went along I began to feel much more comfortable posting to my blog. After a while I realized I wasn't the only one who felt a certain way in regards to a topic. Others in the class have the same opinions as me (many have different ones, too). Commenting on blogs was also a bit uncomfortable in the early stages of the course. I was always worried that someone would judge me if I disagreed with something they said. It's just something that you have to get past, however, if you want to get the most out of this course. Similar to the blog posts, after a few weeks I realized that no-one is judging... at least they aren't admitting to it. I've gotten to the point where I don't think twice about submitting a comment; I just do it.

2 comments:

  1. Like you, one of my favorite aspects of the class was our ability to post our own opinions without having to worry about negative feedback from class mates. Knowing that nobody is judging you for what you have to say really made this class much smoother than it could have been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree one of my biggest issue with the class was the blogging and posting on other blogs. I am used to a lot more structure in my classes such as quizzes, papers and tests. At first I was really preoccupied with my blog posts and if they were good enough or what others would think about them. however, throughout this course I became a lot more comfortable posting on my blog and with the format of the class.

    ReplyDelete