Follow

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Individual Project Details

I'm part of the identity group. Specifically, I will be working with a few other students on the topic of sports and identity. I would like to answer questions in regards to how sports have helped close the gap between Arabs and Israelis. Similar to what Edward Said and Daniel Barenboim have done with the West-Eastern Divan Orchestra, we believe is being done through sports. Sports can create a common ground amongst individuals. As part of the project I plan to research articles that show how specific sports can create friendships between Arabs and Israelis. I also plan to look for videos/interviews that will depict the friendships gained through sports. I plan to meet with my group next week to discuss the project further. After the meeting we will have a better idea of the direction we would like to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment